Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mud Run

This last Saturday was the Mud Run here on the Naval Air base in Lemoore. It was a 5mile run through the mud. It was so much fun. We literally had to swim through mud neck deep at some points during the run. There was walls to climb over, tunnels to climb through, crawling on your hands and knees through the mud, and rope swings. It was crazy. These pictures are of me, my sister Kilean and my friend Ali Ross. We would have taken more pictures, but sure enough our battery died. Gotta love it. Anyways, we literally had to duct tape our shoes to our feet. It was so hard because the mud was 2-3 feet deep in some places. We had so much fun though. It was the hardest 5 miles I have ever run. No joke. Our shoes were caked with mud and so were our clothes. I think we weighed an extra 20 pounds. After the race there were fire trucks spraying people off. Next year we are thinking unitards. You know, the ones that triathlon runner wear. The ones that are all spandex and have just a hole cut out for your head. It was a blast.


5 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I've always wanted to do one of those. They look awesome. I need to do research and find one in the area. Looks like so much fun. You're in great shape to be doing that.

Alicia said...

Wow. So fun! I bet you had a blast!

Janelle said...

Sorry I had to miss out, what a blast! Next year for sure and your always welcome in our 1/2 marathon. You can totally do it!

donaldnorton3 said...

hows it goin, my name is donald norton and helped on the construction of the mudrun course. do you have any more pics from the event, i'd love to see them and get some feed back on the course? if so please send em to donald.j.norton@navy.mil or donaldnorton3@hotmail.com it would be much appreciated

Giles Fam said...

ok, it's official. You are my hero :)