Our little Avery turned 2 at the beginning of September and if its possible, we love her more and more every day. It is such a wonderful experience being a mother and watching your child grow. I just cant imagine missing a minute of this. Here are some fun facts about Avery.
* She is one busy little bee and is constantly in motion, which is nicer now that she is mobile.
* The only vegetables she will eat consciously are salsa and ketchup.
* She loves stuffed animals. There are a solid 6 animals in her crib at any given time. They all get names and have been pretty much everywhere with her.
* Her fuzz, or blankie is a must to go to sleep.
* She rocks the toilet all by herself
* She loves to read stories and can remember everything about them.
* She knows her colors loves to describe everything that she sees with a color and a size. If it is big, its a big mamma.
* Her love of sharks and buzz lightyear is shocking.
* She loves to watch disney movies and can remember all the songs, which she wants me to sing back to her non-stop. Some of her favorites are Mulan, King Fu Panda, Toy Story, and Lion King.
* She loves to get her back scratched and will ask me to snuggle with her and do some scratchies.
* I have to say that she is one of the happiest kids I have every met.
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful little girl and are so blessed to be able to watch her grow and be part of her sweet little life thus far.
Thanks Kilean!! We love the pictures!!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
We are getting closer!! Everyone keeps asking if I am excited and ready to be done being pregnant, but I am actually quite content. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to not pee every hour, or be able to breathe, or go running, but I am just cherishing this time. We are definitely excited to meet our new little girl. I am doing good still but feel like my stomach has exploded these last few days. I saw the doctor last week and all is well. He said that I am dilated 1 cm and counting, so maybe this little girl will be here sooner than expected. I hope I can get all my projects done!!
A few weeks ago we made a trip to IKEA, which can be dangerous basically because I want everything there, but I did restrain. I did make one impulse purchase and bought a swing for Avery's room. She just loves swinging like a monkey at the park and was so excited that she can now swing in her room. I could not get a very good picture of her doing her thing, but I did my best. A video would have been better, oh well.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Avery's vocabulary has really grown lately, which makes for some very funny conversations. We were making our weekly rounds at Target the other day and stopped in the lingerie section to check out some clearance. Pretty quickly Avery took off and I could tell that something caught her eye. She came running around the corner with a leopard print bra in tote and the biggest grin on her face. As she proceeded to put the bra on, she said, "WOAH mommy, Lion King boobies!". I was dying. So many of my friends have told me that when your child starts to talk that you are so excited but then they don't stop talking and you wish they would. I am going to have to disagree. Avery cracks me up!