Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Story

We are so excited to have our little June bug here with us. And let me just say that her enterence was a lot less tramatic than her sisters. I had been seeing the doctor every week for the month of October. The monday before Halloween I had an appointment and found out that I was already dilated to a 4, which was a shocker considering at this point with Averys delivery I was asking for my epidural. Anyways, my doctor said that if I did not have the baby by Halloween that I should come back and schedule an induction. Halloween passed and still no baby so I had an induction scheduled for Nov 3. We got to the hospital at 6:30 am and got checked in. By 7:30 the doctor had given me medication to soften and thin out my cervix. He said to see how that goes and since I was already a 4, he did not think that I would need pitocin. Well he was right. About 9:30 my contractions were pretty close together and pretty strong, so I started to walk around to get thing moving and after about 5 mins of that my water broke. They checked me again and I went from a 6to ready to push in 10 minutes. 15 minutes later at 10:17 am our little girl was here. She was so beautiful and so big! She weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and was 20 1/2 inc long. We are so happy and so blessed. Thank you everyone for your prayers!
I will post more pictures soon!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so glad that the second time around is much more pleasant than the first. I'm glad things went smoothly and I can't wait for more pictures. I'm still in shock you had an 8 pounder...she was even a little bigger than Amara. Oh just that much more to love and to hold!

Abbey Gal said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats! :)

Giles Fam said...

Holy Crap! When I heard what time she was born, I was freaking out because I knew it must have been one FAST delivery! Way to go, Panties! :) Call me crazy, but I always love hearing the birth stories--glad things went better for you than last time. Nice work! She's a keeper!! :) So cute!

Kirstin and Brett's Family said...

Seriously Cambria.. wonder where you heard that one? Oh well -it's our favorite name too, but for the record - we had it first! HEE HEE! Congrats and she is darling! So excited for you to have another girl! Love it really. The name is more popular now than you think - just come to Utah. Most are younger than our girl though. COngrats again!!

RFamily said...

thank goodness - so relieved for you!

Cami Epperson said...

Congratulations you guys! She's adorable and I love love love her name!!